Flossing tends to be a necessary evil that only some people enjoy. While it may not be a picnic in the park, you will be thankful you were diligent, years from now as you age.
Flossing not only keeps your teeth cavity free, it also contributes to other benefits. I mean, who really wants to smell your morning breath (ew!)? What many people don’t know about flossing is that technique is the key to avoiding dental cavities. Here are 5 tips to keep you on track:
1. Use about 18 inches of floss and wind most of it around one finger. The short-end of the floss should be wrapped around a finger on your opposite hand to collect the floss as you use it.
2. Ease the floss between your teeth with a gentle rubbing motion. You will be sorry if it snaps into your gums!
3. At the gum line, curve the floss around one tooth and gently rub the floss up and
down the side of the tooth.
4. Repeat with each tooth, including the backsides of your end teeth.
5. If you have a hard time using string floss, ask your dentist to recommend a different gum-cleaning option for you.
Follow our 5 tips for a cavity-free smile for years to come.
Do you have flossing tips? Leave them in the comments!