Think of a pre-treatment estimate like a fortune-teller and crystal ball – it predicts the future of a dental procedure.
Why would you want to get a pre-treatment estimate?
Reasons to get a pre-treatment estimate:
- -You’re planning to have extensive dental work such as crowns, wisdom teeth extractions, bridges, dentures or periodontal surgery.
- -To see if a procedure is covered under your dental plan.
- -To see if you’re going to exceed your maximum.
Before you schedule an extensive dental treatment, ask your dentist for a detailed cost estimate. Next, your dentist will submit the procedure cost to your benefit provider (i.e. Delta Dental of New Jersey) for an estimate. Your dentist may have to submit x-rays or supporting documents. Finally, your benefit provider will send you and your dentist the final estimate.
After you receive the estimate you’ll know:
- -How much your plan will pay toward treatment
- -Your out-of-pocket financial responsibility
- -The amount remaining toward your deductible (if applicable)
- -How close you are to your benefit maximum
While many aspects of your future remain unknown, pre-treatment estimates act as the tarot cards of the dental world. Get a picture of what your next dental procedure has in store for you.
Remember, coverage details will differ depending on your benefit provider, as well as your specific plan. If you’re a Delta Dental of New Jersey subscriber, log in to the Members area to get more details on your plan.
Not a Delta Dental of New Jersey subscriber? Visit deltadentalnj.com for more information on our plans.