Everyone has a different morning routine. Some people jump out of bed right after the alarm goes off; other people hit the snooze button three times before rising. Some people shower first thing in the morning; other people eat breakfast first. No matter what your usual morning routine is, there are two things that should be included in everyone’s morning ritual and one of them is brushing your teeth. Flossing is the second, but more on that later in the month.
If you brush twice a day but are missing most of the debris in your mouth because of bad technique, you will be mighty disappointed at your next dental visit. Below are 5 tips to make sure you’re brushing properly.
1. Use a soft-bristled brush that reaches all areas easily.
2. Gently move the brush back and forth in short strokes.
3. Make sure to brush each surface of every tooth – inside, outside and top. Spend extra time on the gum line.
4. Use the end of your toothbrush to clean the inside surfaces of your front teeth.
5. Brush your tongue to keep your breath smelling good and remove bacteria.
If you follow the above suggestions, you will be your dentist’s new favorite patient! Remember, good oral health care contributes to good overall health, so care for your teeth today and every day.
If any of our readers has other tips for good brushing, feel free to leave them in the comments!