Moved Recently? Child just turned 18? New job with new benefits? All of these could be reasons you’re searching for a dentist.
Well, you’re in luck. Delta Dental has the largest network of dentists in the United States.
You can easily find one of our network dentists by clicking here.
It’s important for you to know which Delta Dental plan you are covered by because you will have to select that option first and then you can search for a dentist in your area, as well as different dentist specialties (oral surgeons, endodontists, periodontists, etc).
But first, here are some questions you may want to ask when you call to make your appointment:
- What are the office hours? Make sure they’re convenient for your schedule.
- What is the dentist’s educational background and credentials?
- What should you expect during the first exam? Generally, you will have a conversation with the dentist about your health history, any specific concerns, and medications you’re taking. You should receive an exam, a cleaning, and perhaps some x-rays.
- What’s the dentist’s approach to preventive dentistry?
- What type of anesthesia is the dentist certified to administer to help you relax and feel more comfortable during any necessary dental treatment?
- What arrangements are made for handling emergencies outside of office hours? Most dentists make arrangements with a colleague or emergency referral service if they are unable to tend to emergencies.
- Use your call as an opportunity to see how the office staff treats you. A friendly staff can help ease anxiety about a dental procedure and make your visit more enjoyable.
What are you waiting for? Find a dentist today!