48,000 Americans will be diagnosed with oral cancer this year. If you’ve used tobacco or had a history of HPV, you’re at a higher risk of contracting oral cancer. Fortunately, it can be detected early. Your dentist can be the key to your diagnosis.
Consult your dentist if you experience any of these 6 symptoms:
- Any sore that persists longer than 2 weeks
- Red or white patches in the mouth or on the lips
- Swelling, growth or lumps anywhere in or around the mouth or neck
- Repeated bleeding from the mouth or throat
- Difficulty chewing, swallowing, speaking or moving your jaw or tongue
- A change in the way your teeth fit together when you close your mouth
Want to know more? Watch our latest video.